From Ouarzazate, and after crossing the green ribbon of palm groves of the Oued Draa dotted with towering ksours, we arrive to a powerful rock barrier which once crossed, will open the door of the desert where we find the oases of Oulad Driss and M'Hamid which will disappear quickly giving the way to a trickle of sand that soon swells and swells to form high golden dunes. These occupy the fossil bed of Draa valley, once the largest river in the Sahara: 1200 km from the Atlas to the Atlantic! Thus, in five and a half days we cross the mountain of Bani which gives access to desert dunes of Draa. One dune to another, crossing here and there a herd of camels a nomad camp, we reach the beautiful dunes Dayet Chegaga.
Highlights of the Trek
- Duration: 9 days, otherwise you can prolong your trip, depending on your availability and your budget, please contact us for more information.
- Accommodation during this trip: two nights in the Hotel or Riad/ 6 nights in camps
- Trip Name: Bani mountain and chigaga dunes
- Destination: Zagora / shigaga
- Grade: dynamic
- Trip starts- ends: El faija/ Mhamed
- Best Season: From Octobe to April
- Number of participants: from 3 people.